For practices integrated with Xero Practice Manager, to keep Xero Practice Manager and FYI in sync regarding Job States, the following is our best practice recommendation for updating Job States in Jobs:
- Make all updates of Job States within FYI.
- Job States updated for individual Jobs (from the Job Summary tab or from the Job drawer) will sync immediately.
- Job States updated using Bulk Update will sync within 15 minutes.
- Do not run a manual Job Sync after updating. This will not push the updated Job State from FYI any quicker.
- Once the decision has been made to make all updates to Job States in FYI, do not update in Xero Practice Manager directly.
Note: The job will be marked with a 'Pending Sync' tag while waiting for the updates to be synced with Xero Practice Manager. This tag is located beside the Job Name in the Job Summary and prevents updates from being overwritten by a users selecting the Sync from PM button. Once the updates have synced to Xero Practice Manager, the tag will be cleared.
Refer to Job States.