The following is an example of a Custom Process to send an email of a recent legislative change for companies. This is sent to a segmented client list.
Click here to download the guide.
This article contains the following sections:
- Create the Email Template
- Create the Custom Process
- Add the Step to Create the Email
- Testing a Manual Custom Process
- Set the Status of the Process to "Active"
- Running the Process
Create the Email Template
This example is sending an email. The email that is created by the process needs a Template to be first set up.
- Create an Email Template with the text that will be in the email that is sent.
In this example, the Email Template is Change to Lodgement Requirements.
Refer to the section Templates and Signatures for Email.
Create the Custom Process
- In Automation - Processes, click Add Custom Process.
- Add the Name of the Process, in this example this is "Change to Company Lodgement Requirements Nov 21".
- The Custom Process has the Trigger set to "Manual".
- In this example, the Filter is set to "Client - Select Filters". This allows you to select from a range of client filters, including the Client Custom Fields.
- In the Structure field, select "Company". This will filter all clients with a company structure.
- As this communication is being sent by email only, click the "Has Email" field to select this.
- Click Save.
Add the Step to Create the Email
- Click Add Step.
- Select Create Email.
- Select the email Template.
- Update the Sender as required.
- Select Draft in FYI. This allows the emails to be checked and approved prior to sending.
- Review the Filing details.
- In this example, the email communication will be reviewed by the Client Managers prior to sending.
In the Workflow section, update the Approver and Workflow.
Approver is set as "Manager" to set the Approver as the relative Manager for the client.
- Click Save.
Testing a Manual Custom Process
When setting up a Custom Process, it is very important to test it to ensure it is working as expected.
- Click Test.
- The Select Test pop-up displays a list of the Clients based on the Filter that has been set up in the Process.
- From the Select Test, search and select a specific client to run the test for.
- Click Run Test.
- Navigate to the documents list in the relevant client's workspace to review the test email.
Refer also to Testing Custom Processes.
Set the Status of the Process to "Active"
When you are satisfied with the test result, set the Status of the process to Active.
Running the Process
To run your custom process, as this is sending to a segmented client list, it is run from Automations - Processes. It can be run by an FYI administrator, or a user in a User Group that has Permissions enabled for Automations.
- Edit the Process from the Automations - Processes tab.
- Click Run.
- A list of Clients displays as per the Filter applied. This shows a count of the number of clients it will run for.
Before proceeding, check this is what you are expecting.
- To run the process, click Run.
For details of the different ways to run a Custom Process, refer to Running Custom Processes.