When an Automation Process is opened for editing, this also displays the History and Activity tabs.
This article contains the following sections:
The History tab displays the history of every time that Process has run.
This is used in the same way as the main History tab from the Automation Dashboard that shows the history of all processes. For example. any errors are displayed, you can click an entry to display the drawer and if a Process is in Progress you can complete a Task from the drawer. Refer to Automation History.
Stopping a Process that is in Progress
From the Process History tab, if needed, you can stop a process that is in Progress. This can be used, for example, if the Process is in Progress due to a blocking Task or a Delay and needs to be stopped, or if you have made a mistake with what the filter has included or in a Template used in the Process.
If the Process is running for multiple Clients, Documents, Jobs or Tasks these are displayed individually so there may be more than one Process that you need to Stop.
- In Automation - Processes, open the relevant Process.
- Display the History tab.
- Select the process in the History tab.
- Click Stop.
The Status of the process displays as "Stopped".
When a process is "Stopped", you can still display the information for any of the steps and use the links to see any documents or Tasks that were created.
When an entry is selected in the History, the Run again and Activity Link button are enabled. Where a Process has been stopped the Retry button is enabled,
- Retry will run the stopped process from where it was stopped.
- Run again will re-run the whole process from the beginning. Where the process was run, for example for a specific client, this will rerun it for that client.
- Activity Link can be used to copy a link to the History entry, for example, to send for support purposes.
The Activity tab displays audit information about when the Process was created, all changes that were made to that Process and the user who made the changes.