When using FYI, it is very slow, times out, or it does not load documents. This may only affect specific users and other users are working without an issue.
Note: For users working from the Philippines, refer first to FYI is slow or does not load documents when working from the Philippines for a solution.
There are several possible causes. Please following the troubleshooting steps below to isolate the exact cause.
Recommended Troubleshooting Approach
- Check your Internet connection and check that the connection is fast.
We recommend a connection of 20mbps and a minimum connection speed of 10mbps.
To test this, you can use www.speedtest.net or www.fast.com.
- Try accessing FYI using another web browser.
- Restart your computer.
- Change to a different internet provider, if possible.
You can tether to a smartphone or personal hotspot, or use another internet connection if available.
- Try accessing FYI from a different computer within the same network environment
- Try accessing FYI from a different computer outside of the network environment, for example, a personal laptop at home.
- If working remotely, for example, if you are out of the office, have another user login as you with your login and password in the local environment.
If a user can login as you in the local environment without any issues, this indicates that there is a problem with the network you are currently using remotely.
- If you are still having issues, contact the FYI Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If FYI is generally working correctly but you are having an issue loading one or more specific documents, the following articles have details and solutions if you are seeing a specific error message:
- "Could not find the document" or "Error loading documents"
- "Error loading documents" when clicking a link from an FYI Summary Notification
- "Oh no... an error has occurred" due to FYI web app not automatically updating
There are also various other solutions to specific issues in Getting Started that may be of assistance. Refer to the section Troubleshooting.