Over the last 6 weeks, our focus has been on Custom Processes – culminating in our Automating your Practice webinar series giving you the knowledge and tools to start automating processes in your practice. And we’ve released some great new features along the way.
Here are a few new things you can now do in FYI:
- Create Jobs from FYI! FYI Admins, or a user in a User Group that has Permissions enabled for Create Jobs, can add a new job by clicking the + button, or by clicking Add Job on the Jobs List or the Jobs Board. Jobs added in FYI sync back to Xero Practice Manager. Refer to Create Job in FYI and to Managing User Groups.
- Use the new and improved Jobs Board! View details at a glance – like job budget, variance, ID, assigned users and due date (including colour coding). And click the Comments icon to display all comments on the job without leaving the Board. Practices are loving this!! Refer to Using the Jobs Board.
- Use Task Views as a Filter in custom automations. When a Task View is selected, the Summary Notification step can be added to the process, meaning you can now send reminders on overdue tasks to your team! Refer to Custom Processes using Views and Summary Notifications and for an example, refer to Daily Summary Notification of Overdue Tasks.
- Add a Custom Message to summary notifications. This displays below the link in the Notification in FYI and in the email that is sent from the process. Refer to Custom Processes using Views and Summary Notifications.
- Add additional Recipients in the Create Email step in custom automations, including Internal Users or any other email. Each of the recipients can be set as To, CC or BCC. You can now CC a team member into automation emails! Refer to Create Email in Process Step Details - Creating Documents and Tasks.
Other recent highlights include:
Search and Retrieval
- You can now use the search parameters of Include or Exclude in drop-down or checkbox custom field columns in the Clients list and Jobs list. This is super helpful if you are setting up an Automation Process to send out an email and you need to ensure that the email is not sent to a client who is set with "Opt In" set to "No". You can filter the Client view on the "Opt In" Custom Field set to Exclude the value "No". This will then only include any that are set to Yes, or that do not have a setting, but will exclude any clients where Opt In is set to "No". Refer to Filtering as Include/Exclude on "List" Custom Fields in Clients and Jobs Views in Sorting and Filtering.
- Clients that do not belong to a group are now automatically set as the Primary Client. The Primary Client indicator in the Clients list displays as a grey checkmark. Refer to Using the Clients Lists.
- FYI Admins, and users in a User Group that has the permission enabled for Edit Jobs can now update the Partner and Manager in the Job drawer, as well as from the Job - Summary tab. All users, irrespective of this permission, can still update Job States. Refer to Using the Job Drawer.
- The Summary Notification step is now available in processes using a Job View filter. A great way to alert your team when a Job moves to a critical state! Refer to Custom Processes using Views and Summary Notifications.
- You can now update any type of Client Custom Field using the step Update Client. Refer to Update Client in Process Step Details - Updating Clients, Creating and Updating Jobs.
- The process steps now include Create Phone and Create Note. Refer to Create Phone, Create Note, Create Meeting in Process Step Details - Creating Documents and Tasks.
- When using the Alter Document step with a filter of Document view, you now have an option to set as ‘Don’t Update’ for the Cabinet in the Filing section and the options for Owner, Approver and Workflow status in the Workflow section. Setting these as "Don't Update" will leave prevent changes to what is already selected for the documents. Refer to Process Step Details - Alter Document.
- A History tab now displays the history for the specific Process when the Process is being edited from Automations. It is used to monitor what the processes has been run for and to review the status for these. Refer to Setting up Automation Processes and Process History and Activity.
- A new Activity tab displays when editing a Process. This displays audit information about when the Process was created, all changes that were made to that Process and the user who made the changes. Refer to Process History and Activity.
- For practices using the integration with myprosperity, there is an additional Application included for myprosperity when setting up a custom process using a Document view. This allows you to add a Share Document step to an Automation Process. This is used to share a document from the filter directly to myprosperity without sending an email. Refer to myprosperity Functions in Automation Process Steps and myprosperity Share Document in Process Step Details - Other Functions.
- When sharing the Shared Folders with a client, if for any reason this folder cannot be created, a Fix Me button displays. Clicking the Fix Me button will correct the error. Refer to Fixing an Error with the Share Folders in Sharing the Share Folder with the Client.
- FYI Admins can now give users permission to access the Practice Activity tab in the Practice workspace. The new permission is assigned in User Groups. Refer to Practice Activity and Managing User Groups
For further details on the features mentioned above, refer to November 2021 Release Notes.