For practices integrated with Xero Practice Manager, when assigning a State to a Workflow Task, the following message displays in Practice Activity:
"Error updating job state - Invalid task identifier"
The Task against the Job has been deleted in Xero Practice Manager and then the user was trying to update the Workflow Task in FYI. The changes cannot be synced as the Job Task no longer exists in Xero Practice Manager.
- If possible, in FYI set the State of the Job to "Cancelled".
Or, if you cannot cancel the Job:
- Create a new Job and any Tasks in Xero Practice Manager
- Allow FYI to sync the Job overnight, or manually run the sync.
- In FYI, set the required State on the new Job.
- Refile any documents to the new Job.
- Check there are no outstanding Tasks for the old Job.
- Cancel the old Job.