We are excited to announce that Custom Fields can now be created and maintained in FYI.
All edits are available instantly. For practices integrated with Xero Practice Manager, this removes the need to wait for an overnight or manual sync to update client and job data. With real time syncing back to Xero Practice Manager, it’s now even easier to maintain your practice data in FYI.
And for peace of mind, all changes are tracked in the Activity tab in the Client and Job workspaces. See who made the change and when they made it - giving you the transparency you never had on client and job records!
What does this mean for FYI users?
- FYI Admins can create new Custom Fields or edit Custom Field options from Practice Settings in FYI.
- Users can edit Client and Job Custom Fields and immediately access the updated fields for automations and views.
- You can search in Custom Fields - making a long list much easier to navigate!
- Only users with relevant permissions can edit Custom Fields, giving practices more control on who does what!
- Full transparency of changes are available in the Activity tab in the Client and Job workspaces.
- This is a two-way sync, which means edits to Custom Fields in Xero Practice Manager will sync through to FYI overnight, or via a manual sync.
Who is this available for?
Creating and editing Custom Fields in FYI is available to practices integrating with Xero Practice Manager.
Want to get started?
Creating new Custom Fields is available to FYI Admins from Practice Settings - Admin - Custom Fields. Refer to Managing Custom Fields.
To edit Custom Fields, your FYI Admin will first need to update Permissions to include Edit Custom Fields for the appropriate User Groups. Refer to Managing User Groups.
Once the Permissions are set up, users can edit Custom Fields from the Custom Fields tab in your Clients or Jobs Workspace. Refer to Editing Client Custom Fields in Client Custom Fields and Editing Job Custom Fields in Job Custom Fields.