FYI can be integrated with PDFit.
PDFit is an online PDF management and collation software, allowing users to edit PDFs in the cloud rather than desktop. Functions include splitting, reordering, exporting to a new project (which can be used for a signing package), comments, removal, mark-ups, redaction, images/secure signatures, stamps (coming soon) and bookmarks. Also branding at the practice level.
PDFit is available in Australia and New Zealand.
This article contains the following sections:
- Connecting PDFit to FYI
- Uploading documents to FYI from PDFit
Connecting PDFit to FYI
To connect PDFit to FYI, you need to:
- Obtain the Access Key ID and the Access Key Secret from FYI.
- Add them into PDFit.
Step 1 - Obtaining the Access Key ID and the Access Key Secret from FYI
Note: This is a one-off step and can only be done by an FYI Admin, or a user in a User Group that has Permissions enabled for Automations.
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- In the PDFit app, click the cog icon to edit it.
- In the PDFit Integrations panel, click Create new secret. This will generate a new Access Key ID and Secret Key used to connect to FYI.
- The Access Key Secret will be displayed in a pop-up. Click the clipboard icon to copy the key and paste it to PDFit or a secure location, for example, a vault.
Important: You will only be able to view the Secret key the first time this window is displayed. If the Key is required again, you will need to disconnect your integration and request a new Key before you reconnect your integration.
- Click Done once you have saved the Secret Key to a secure location.
- The Access Key ID will be displayed. Click the clipboard icon to copy and paste the information to PDFit or a secure location.
- Optionally, you can select the Cabinet and Categories that will be used as the AutoFile Defaults if these have not been set up for the client.
Step 2 - Adding the FYI Access Key ID and Access Key Secret into PDFit
For information on adding the FYI Access Key ID and Access Key Secret in PDFit, refer to the PDFit help article https://support.pdfit.co/integrations/connecting-to-your-fyi-docs-profile/
Note: Ensure that the PDFit account is the same as the account in FYI so that the accounts can connect.
Once connected, you will see a Browse FYI Docs button in a project.
Uploading documents to FYI from PDFit
Users are able to sync documents to FYI from PDFit.
From the open Project in PDFit, click Sync to FYI. Complete the filing details such as the Client, Cabinet and Category, click Sync Project to FYI and the document is imported into FYI as a new version.