Microsoft Teams is a chat and collaboration platform for Microsoft 365 users. You can integrate FYI with Teams as an alternative method to email when notifications are sent by FYI.
Notifications are sent from FYI for the following:
- When a user has been assigned a Task.
- When a Task that the user initiated has been completed.
- When a user is "mentioned" in a Comment (refer Adding Comments and Notifying Team Members) and when a user is "mentioned" in a Comment in an Automation Process (refer to Automation Notifications).
When FYI is integrated with Teams, users can select to have notifications sent to Teams instead of via Email (refer to Notification Mode in Setting Defaults and Filing Defaults for your Own Login - My Settings). All notifications will continue to display in the users' Home - Notifications tab.
Note: Notifications of Summary Notifications from Automation Processes are not currently sent via Teams. The notification is still sent to FYI and is shown in the relevant user's Home - Notifications tab.
Integrating FYI with Teams
The FYI app for the integration with Teams is installed in your practice wide Microsoft 365. Once it is installed, it is enabled for your users. Then, from FYI, users select Teams as the Notification Mode in their My Settings.
Follow the steps below:
- Step 1 - Download the FYI Integration Files
- Step 2 - Check Teams is Installed
- Step 3 - Add the FYI App
- Step 4 - Add FYI to Microsoft Teams
- Step 5 - Users Set "Teams" as their Notification Mode
Step 1 - Download the FYI Integration Files
Download the FYI Integration Files by clicking the following link:
Step 2 - Check Teams is Installed
Check you have Teams installed by searching for Teams in your Microsoft 365 account.
If Teams is not installed, you can download the latest version from https://teams.microsoft.com/.
Step 3 - Add the FYI App
- Login to Microsoft Teams Admin Center as an administrator from https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/dashboard
- Click Team Apps, then click Manage Apps.
Click Upload new app.
Select the file that you have been sent with the FYI integration for Teams.
Once installed, click the link on the pop-up to manage the app.
For further information on managing apps in Team, refer to the Microsoft help article Manage Teams apps in the Microsoft Teams admin center.
Step 4 - Add FYI to Microsoft Teams
- Open Teams
- In the top right-hand corner, click More Options ( ...)
- Search for FYI and add it to Microsoft Teams.
- Once added, right click on FYI and select Pin.
- Click Login.
Step 5 - Users Set "Teams" as their Notification Mode
Each user who wants to use Teams as their Notification Mode needs to set this in their My Settings in FYI. Refer to Setting Defaults and Filing Defaults for your Own Login - My Settings.
When FYI has been integrated with Teams in your practice, in Notification Mode, users can select Teams.