New Lists is a Beta release.
Using the new lists layout when displaying lists in FYI allows you to display views in a table format, similar to an Excel spreadsheet.
This article contains the following sections:
- Where New Lists are Currently Available
- Features of the New Lists
- Differences to Legacy Lists
- Considerations for Views Saved in Legacy Lists when Used in New Lists
- Enabling the New Lists
Where New Lists are Currently Available
New Lists are currently available in the following:
- Jobs Views
- Jobs List
- Home - My Jobs
- Client - Jobs
- Tasks List
- My Settings
- Clients Views
- Clients List
- Client - Tax
- Practice - Activity
- Practice Settings - Admin
- User Groups
- Custom Fields
- Practice Settings - Documents
Features of the New Lists
The new lists allow the following features:
- Column widths are resizable and can be changed by dragging the column heading left or right.
When a view is saved using the new lists, by an FYI Admin or a user in a User Group that has Permissions enabled for Views, this is saved with the column widths as set.
- Apart from column widths, changes made to views using the new lists, such as the included columns and filters, are reflected when the view is selected in the legacy lists.
- Sort is available on every column.
- As well as applying Filters for specific values, this can be set so that selected values are excluded. This allows you to select only those value to exclude, instead of having to select only those values to include.
- Where a column can hold a blank value, the Filter can be set for "(Blanks)" to filter those items that do not have a value set.
- Lists can be exported to a formatted Excel .xlsx file, as well as to a .csv file.
- One or more columns can be set to Pin Column so it is "pinned" to the left or right of the list. This keeps the pinned column(s) displayed when scrolling left or right so they are always visible. This is similar to the Freeze Panes feature in an Excel spreadsheet.
- All or any columns can be set to Autosize to set the column width(s) to automatically fit the contents.
- If the view is saved with any columns set to Autosize, it will re-display when using new lists with the column widths automatically set to fit the contents.
Differences to Legacy Lists
Duplicates and Sync Functions in the Clients List
In the Clients List, the Duplicates and Sync functions are included in the View Tools button (at the end of the column headings, on the right-hand side of a list) not as buttons at the top of the list.
Primary Jobs in Jobs Lists
In the Jobs Lists, instead of the Primary Only tool on the legacy Jobs List, use the Filter for the column Primary and the Filter to "True" to show only the Primary jobs.
Display and Filters for Values such as "Not Assigned", "Unassigned" or "Unknown"
- Where legacy lists displayed values such as "Not Assigned", "Unassigned" or "Unknown", these display with a hyphen in the new lists. These values can be filtered on by selecting "(Blanks)" as the filter.
Considerations for Views Saved in Legacy Lists when Used in New Lists
There are certain differences when using a View that has been saved in a legacy list to how it is used in the new lists. These need to be considered, especially if any of these are Views are used in Automation Processes.
- If a View has been saved with search criteria from the legacy lists, the search criteria is added as a filter for the Name column and set as "Contains".
If the search criteria does not relate to the Name column, the View must be re-saved with the search criteria added as a filter to the relevant column.
- If a View has been saved with multiple selections from the legacy lists, this will not convert in the new lists. FYI will work with your practice to identify any Views that are set up in this way.
An example of when this may have been used is in the Jobs list when using legacy lists, you can click on the Name column and select more than one Job from the Add/Remove Job Name pop-up. You will need to see if there is another way in which you can achieve the same selection such as using a Category, or these can be set up as separate Views each with a single selection.
Enabling the New Lists
Each user can select to use New Lists on an individual basis. This is done from the user's My Settings.
- From FYI, click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Select My Settings from the drop-down.
- Click New Lists to enable this.
If you want to return to using the legacy layout for lists at any time, disable New Lists in your My Settings.