New Lists is a Beta release.
Using the new lists layout when displaying lists in FYI allows you to display views in a table format, similar to an Excel spreadsheet.
This article contains the following sections:
- Where New Lists are Currently Available
- Features of the New Lists
- Differences to Legacy Lists
- Considerations for Views Saved in Legacy Lists when Used in New Lists
- Enabling the New Lists
Where New Lists are Currently Available
The Clients list, Client - Contacts, Documents lists, Knowledge lists and Practice Activity display using the New Lists layout. This includes the lists in the Client and Job workspace and Home tabs such as Client - Documents, Contacts, Tax, Corporate Affairs, Collaborate, Stapled Documents, Job - Documents, Home - My Recent, In Tray, My Edits, My Approvals, My Starred.
Other documents lists such as in the Practice Settings - Admin and Practice Settings - Documents, and the Process History lists also now display with the New Lists layout.
For information on how to use New Lists in Documents and Clients lists, refer to the articles in the following sections:
For a short video on the main features of using Clients and Documents Lists, refer to New Lists: Rollout and What It Means for Your Practice.
New Lists Beta are currently available in the following:
- Jobs Lists (including Home - My Jobs, Client - Jobs)
- Tasks Lists
- Home - My Tasks, Delegated Tasks
Features of the New Lists
The new lists allow the following features:
- Column widths are resizable and can be changed by dragging the column heading left or right.
When a view is saved using the new lists, by an FYI Admin or a user in a User Group that has Permissions enabled for Views, this is saved with the column widths as set.
- Apart from column widths, changes made to views using the new lists, such as the included columns and filters, are reflected when the view is selected in the legacy lists.
- When applying Filters, as well as applying filters for specific values, this can be set so that selected values are excluded. This allows you to select only those value to exclude, instead of having to select only those values to include.
- Where a column can hold a blank value, the Filter can be set for "(Blanks)" to filter those items that do not have a value set.
- Jobs lists can be exported to a formatted Excel .xlsx file, as well as to a .csv file. This function will be extended to the Clients lists.
- One or more columns can be set to Pin Column so it is "pinned" to the left or right of the list. This keeps the pinned column(s) displayed when scrolling left or right so they are always visible. This is similar to the Freeze Panes feature in an Excel spreadsheet.
- All or any columns can be set to Autosize to set the column width(s) to automatically fit the contents.
- If the view is saved with any columns set to Autosize, it will re-display when using new lists with the column widths automatically set to fit the contents.
- In relevant lists, Grouping can be applied. This collapses the list by the selected Grouping and displays counts for each group.
- In relevant lists, calculations can be displayed for numerical columns to show a total (sum), average, minimum or maximum for that column.
Differences to Legacy Lists
Lists no longer display with Pagination
When using New Lists. they are no longer paginated so you can scroll through all the items without having to select next or previous pages. This function is currently being implemented. There are still a few lists that show the page selector and this will be changed in the near future.
Functions included in the View Tools Button
Certain functions that are accessed using buttons in legacy lists, are now available from the View Tools button (at the end of the column headings, on the right-hand side of a list). For example, in the Clients List, the Sync function is accessed from the View Tools, along with the Duplicates function and, if relevant, the Resolve Clients function.
In Jobs lists, the Sync function is accessed from the View Tools.
Selection of Partner and Manager in Clients Lists
In the Clients Lists, instead of making any selections for the Partner and Manager at the top of the lists, use the Filter for the Partner or Manager.
Primary Jobs in Jobs Lists
In the Jobs Lists, instead of the Primary Only tool on the legacy Jobs List, use the Filter for the column Primary and the Filter to "True" to show only the Primary jobs.
Display and Filters for Values such as "Not Assigned", "Unassigned" or "Unknown"
Where legacy lists displayed values such as "Not Assigned", "Unassigned" or "Unknown", these display with a hyphen in the new lists. These values can be filtered on by selecting "(Blanks)" as the filter.
Managing Job States - Changes are made using the Job State Drawer
In Practice settings - Documents - Jobs States, changes to the Jobs States are made by displaying the drawer for the Job State. Refer to Managing Job States.
Considerations for Views Saved in Legacy Lists when Used in New Lists
There are certain differences when using a View that has been saved in a legacy list to how it is used in the new lists. These need to be considered, especially if any of these are Views are used in Automation Processes.
- In Clients lists, if a view has been same with search criteria from the legacy lists, the search criteria is added as a filter for the Name column and set as "Contains" and is also included in the Search Clients field.
- In Jobs lists, if a View has been saved with search criteria from the legacy lists, the search criteria is added as a filter for the Name column and set as "Contains".
If the search criteria does not relate to the Name column, the View must be re-saved with the search criteria added as a filter to the relevant column.
- In Jobs lists, if a View has been saved with multiple selections from the legacy lists, this will not convert in the new lists. FYI will work with your practice to identify any Views that are set up in this way.
An example of when this may have been used is in the Jobs list when using legacy lists, you can click on the Name column and select more than one Job from the Add/Remove Job Name pop-up. You will need to see if there is another way in which you can achieve the same selection such as using a Category, or these can be set up as separate Views each with a single selectiEnabling the New Lists
Each user can select to use New Lists on an individual basis. This is done from the user's My Settings.
- From FYI, click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Select My Settings from the drop-down.
- Click New Lists to enable this.