We are very excited to include AutoComplete Tasks to your Automations time saving toolkit this month. This new functionality allows Tasks that have been created by an Automation Process to automatically be updated to “Complete,” when the selected condition is met.
AutoComplete is used for tasks where an action needs to be done for the Task to be completed. For example, a document is created as part of a Process, followed by a task to ensure that the document has been signed by your client. The task can be set to AutoComplete once the status of the document is updated to "Client Signed".
Here are a couple of new things now available in FYI:
- Clients Bulk Update now allows the Manager, Partner and multiple Client Custom Fields to be updated. Plus where you are using a Date Custom Field, you can now choose to apply the ‘Current Date’ or set a specific date.
- A great way to quickly update a custom field with client’s lodgement due dates!
- All changes are tracked in the Clients Activity tab, and in Automation – History and Practice - Activity for complete transparency.
- To update the Custom Fields for Clients, the user must additionally be in a User Group with Permissions enabled for Custom Fields.
- An FYI Admin, or a user in a User Group with Permissions enabled for Edit Jobs, can now update the Name, Budget, Start Date, Due Date, Cabinet and Job Custom Fields from the Job drawer either per job or using bulk update. Refer to Using the Job Drawer.
- Plus where you are using a Date Custom Field, you can now choose to apply the ‘ Current Date’ or set a specific date.
- To update the Custom Fields for Jobs, the user must additionally be in a User Group with Permissions enabled for Custom Fields.
Refer to Bulk Update Feature Announcement.
Other recent highlights include:
Emails and Documents
- The Merge Field for the Author's Name, in an Email Signature or Template, can now be added so that only the Author's first name is displayed in an email received by your clients. This allows you to update your email signatures to be more personable.
Refer to Adding a Merge Field for the Author's First Name in Including Merge Fields in Email Templates and Signatures.
- The font family and font size is now visible in the Editor in Emails, Email Templates & Signatures, Phone Calls, File Notes and meeting. When selecting the text, this displays the font family and size applied.
For examples of how this now displays, refer to Formatting and Fonts using the Editor in FYI.
- When filing a PDF using the FYI Browser Extension, once the file has been uploaded – a message will display with a link to display the document in FYI.
Refer to Filing PDF Documents using the FYI Browser Extension.
- You can now import both single and multiple Custom Processes by dragging and dropping the import file(s) on to the Automation - Processes on the List View. Refer to Importing Custom Processes using Drag and Drop.
- The Update Job Step in Custom Processes can also be used to update the Name, Budget, Start Date and Due Date. Refer to Update Job in Process Step Details - Updating Clients, Creating and Updating Jobs.
For further details on the features mentioned above and more, refer to April 2022 Release Notes.