I have emails in my Outlook Inbox and Sent folders that display the blue 'Filed in FYI' category. If, for example, we are terminating our subscription with FYI, how do I remove the blue 'Filed in FYI' category from the emails.
Use the following steps to remove the blue 'Filed in FYI' category from the emails in Outlook:
- In Outlook, display your Inbox.
- Sort the emails by Categories. At the top of the list of emails click the sort selector which usually for example as "By Date", and in the Arrange by, select "Categories".
- Select all emails in the Inbox with the Category "Filed in FYI" (using Ctrl+click).
- Right-click over the selected emails, then hover over Categorize and then click the 'Filed in FYI' option. This will remove the selected Category from the selected emails.
- Repeat this for the emails in your Outlook Sent Items folder.
After removing the Category from your emails, if you want to remove the 'Filed in FYI' Category from Outlook, use the following steps:
- In Outlook, from the Home tab, in the Tags group, click Categorize.
- Click All Categories.
- Click the Filed in FYI category to select this.
- Click Delete.