Automatically capture and file client emails. Store centrally for the practice. Use email templates and more.
- Introduction to Email AutoFile
- Email AutoFile Settings, Exclusions and Practice Filing Defaults
- Using the Email Drawer
- Overview of using Email Templates, Signatures and Merge Fields
- Managing Email Threads
- Emails with Multiple Recipients
Creating and Sending Emails
Creating Emails with Attachments
Re-Opening Draft Emails, Replying To and Forwarding Emails
Filing Emails from FYI
Filing Emails from Outlook
Emails with Attachments
Previewing, Opening and Editing Emails
Templates and Signatures for Email
- Overview of Templates, Signatures and Merge Fields for Emails
- Creating Email Templates and Signatures
- Including Merge Fields in Email Templates and Signatures
- Formatting and Fonts in Email Templates and Signatures
- Formatting Custom Merge Fields in Email Templates
- Creating the Email Signature using HTML and Adding Merge Fields
- An email that has been filed or sent still shows a grey Draft icon
- Emails sent from FYI are not received by clients/recipients
- People section does not show correct recipients if these are changed in Outlook before sending
- When using bullets or numbering in an email Template, text in the list is overlapping
- When making changes to an Email Template or Signature using the HTML Code View, changes are not saved
- "We encountered an error calling Foundry" when filing email attachments
FAQs - Emails
- Why are emails not filing correctly, not being auto-filed or there are documents in my In Tray that I do not recognise?
- How can I use a Shared Mailbox?
- How does FYI handle emails with BCCs?
- Why are emails being automatically filed to the incorrect Cabinet or Category?
- When I generate a new email, is it best practice to start this in Outlook or FYI?
- What is the difference between the blue and white envelope icons that display in lists for emails?
FAQs - Additional FAQs in the Documents Section
FAQs - Filing Emails from FYI
- Why can't I see the File tool bar button in my In Tray?
- Why do emails not appear in my In Tray?
- Are unfiled emails that I delete from my In Tray shown in the Deleted Documents view?
- Why does the Draft Filed view show documents for users but those users do not have any documents in their In Tray?
- Why does the Draft Filed View not indicate which documents are in a particular user's In Tray?
FAQs - Filing and Editing Emails from Outlook
- How do I file emails from the online version of Outlook?
- Why does the FYI Drawer icon not appear in Outlook or is greyed out?
- When accessing the FYI Drawer in Outlook, why is the Pin icon not available or not working?
- Why do I have to login to the FYI Add-in continuously when using Outlook?
- In Outlook Online, why is the FYI Add-in not refreshing properly or the filing details not correctly pre-filled?
- How do I logout of the FYI Drawer from Outlook? I have accidentally logged in with the wrong account.
FAQs - Email Attachments
- Why are the email attachments not attached to the filed email?
- Why is the number of attachments in a "Draft in Outlook" email incomplete?
- How can I view an attachment in an email that is within a thread?
- Can I file an email and include and save the attachments within the email, rather than filing each attachment as a separate item?
- If I use Upload or Drag and Drop to manually upload an email with attachments, why does it appear in FYI with no attachments?
FAQs - Email Templates and Signatures
- Why are active templates not showing in the Templates list when creating an email or using in an automation?
- Why do emails created from Templates and Signatures have incorrect formatting?
- Why are Merge Fields in an Email Template or Signature not working correctly?
- When using an Email Signature, why does the image for our logo not download and display when I open the email in Outlook?
- Why is the Salutation Merge Field being picked up from an incorrect Client Contact?
- How do we use Exclaimer for our email signature within FYI?